Operations & Ecommerce Assistant (Kickstart placement - 6 months)
*To apply for this role you must be eligible for the Kickstart scheme. Please see eligibility criteria below.
Draught Drop, the UK's first circular beer delivery service – bringing customers the highest quality local beers available, in a planet kind way. We are on a mission to transform the drink-at-home market in a way that is good for customers, society and the environment!
Working with over 20 independent breweries already - with more to be added, we deliver draught beer weekly in reusable/returnable bottles, all by electric bike. Enjoy your beer, give your bottle a quick rinse and swap it for a freshly filled one next time. Just like the milkman...but for beer!
We are currently available in North & East London, but with big expansion plans. Join the team at this exciting time to help us scale the business and our impact on the world.
You will work directly with the co-founders in a fun and hard-working business that offers an exciting combination of work. You will be on your feet in the production environment and in our office.
Activities will include:
- e-commerce activities including social media, email marketing and website
- content creation and copywriting
- customer service communication via email, chat and in person
- core operations of filling growlers, packaging, and cleaning
- supply chain planning and purchasing of beer
- logistics organisation, distribution, and delivery to customers
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
Applicants must have:
- excitement and passion about Draught Drop’s vision
- a can-do attitude and keenness to learn new skills
- a high degree of confidence with hands-on activities
- strong commitment to the highest quality and hygiene standards
- a good level of fitness (the work can be physically demanding)
Strong candidates will also have:
- experience working in brewing, other food and drink, or the hospitality industry
- solid organisation skills and attention to detail
- customer service experience and good written communication skills
- good computer skills and familiarity with software: PowerPoint, Word, Email, Excel
- experience of using social media and other marketing channels
- experience in a face-to-face customer environment
- Our operations and office space are located in Leyton, East London, close to public transport and cycle highways
- Core hours will include a blend of office hours and delivery windows
- We will consider applications from candidates on a part-time or full-time basis (25 hours per week minimum)
- Salary is defined as national minimum wage according to your age
Details of employability support (training opportunities/mentor)
We will spend time to provide mentoring, career advice, CV and interview preparation throughout your placement. We'll support you to:
- Explore motivations and life goals
- Understand or set career ambitions
- Identify strengths and development areas
- Break down goals into specific actions and plan to complete these
You'll also be given plenty of training, responsibility and feedback.
Who can apply to Kickstart roles?
- You must be aged 16-24 and receiving Universal Credit to apply for this role.
- If you want to find out more please speak to your Work Coach at Jobcentre Plus
- They can take you through the process and you can also send us your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org